Players are placed in a team which is well balanced, gives opportunity for learning and fun and is competitive.
Within a netball club members are taking part in regular sport for different reasons with different goals. Highvale acknowledges this is the case and we attempt to take this into consideration when forming teams.
There are a number of different factors that are considered when forming teams. These are:
- Age – special consideration will be requested if felt that the player would gain further skills and confidence in a lower age group for an extra year or alternatively opportunity for players to extend their skills and play above their age group.
- Skill level
- Years of experience together with teams played with previously.
- Team balance.
- Player numbers; particularly if joining the club mid season, the player may be allocated to where there is a vacancy.
How is this achieved?
- Coach comment at the end of the year.
- Committee coordinators have specific knowledge of specific groups of players.
- Committee and coaches meet together.
- Parental and player discussion, where it is deemed necessary by the committee.
- View at training with peers.
This document was reviewed in October 2017.